Monday 7 January 2013

Today I decided to paint one of the Indians. I also made a start on a couple more of the rangers, but only to pass the time between work on the Indian figure.

I was very pleased with how he turned out. A very nice figure, and the level of detail is quite astonishing. I hope I have done him justice.








Here is a close up of the face, it shows the face paint well, which shockingly actually came out just as I was trying to get it to look. The faded patches where the skin shows through are deliberate to make it look worn.
I am amazed it worked so well, the hard bit will be replicating the look on others. We shall see how I get on I guess.


 Finally another picture of the first ranger, all varnished and ready for basing. I shall do that by unit though so they get a matching look. I have made the mistake before of doing half a unit here, half a unit there and getting some slight colour differences on the base. (The picture did not come out all that well, but I will put it up as it does show the hand correction, even if the face does not show up)



Thanks for looking, again any thoughts are welcome and appreciated, John.

No comments:

Post a Comment